Thursday, April 15, 2010

a little lesson about me, the Bacon Phantom

One might say my palette has expanded over the past 23 [quasi]adventurous years... but no matter how "enlightened" or "worldly" one becomes, you always end up crawling back to what started it all. For me it's the McDonald's bacon, egg & cheese. It's my parents who are [ir]responsible for giving me that first taste at a ripe young age. My relationship with McDonald's breakfast is about 2 decades old by now, but I'd say it's still pretty [un]healthy. McD's suspended their use of bagels for a number of years, which I believe was the reason my brother and I started making our own bagel sandwiches in our grandmothers old house in Newton. During the Golden Arches suspension of the bagel, bacon, egg, and cheese, I was forced to turn to Dunkin Donuts attempt at it, which was hardly comparable. After a number of years, the bagel was reintroduced at America's "favorite fast-food chain" along with some sort of secret sauce? I gradually became accustomed to this new moisture-adding mystery sauce and here we are today. I love McDonald's bacon, egg & cheese and I'm not afraid to admit it. Take me or leave me. This was this morning getting my fix:

3 comments:

  1. man ive been checking fairly regularly for another update andm kinda bummed on this one. no respect lost, you must take my advice(for the second time)and go to steves kitchen on harvard ave. id love to read a review of it by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i tried going to Steve's Kitchen about a month ago. I road all the way down in the rain and it was closed. I decided to go to Allston Cafe on the corner there and was feeling kind of adventurous. I got the veggie breakfast burrito, but was HIIIIIGHLY disappointed... disappointed enough to not even devote any time to reviewing it. I just wanted to forget it to be honest. I returned a couple days later and Steve's was STILL closed. Very upsetting, but I have not given up hope. As always, I highly appreciate everyones breakfast sanger suggestions and will be attempting to follow up on Steve's in the future! Thanks myk

    ReplyDelete
  3. they close at like 6 everyday, maybe thats the problem? hm yeah and herrells(now allston cafe)is a cruddy cruddy excuse for breakfast food, only people who know nothing of the word DINER eat there

    ReplyDelete